The J. Trepat factory led the transformation of the Catalan countryside throughout the 20th century with its agricultural machinery. The museum shows the former commercial department, offices and the first five warehouses which made up the factory, among which it is worth noting the foundry and mechanization and model workshops.
Museum located in the former J. Trepat agricultural machinery factory in Tàrrega. This is an industrial complex made up of nineteen industrial buildings, five of which have been rehabilitated as a museum.
These first five buildings include the sections of the factory foundry, the model workshops where the new Trepat machinery was designed and finally the machine workshop where the factory’s original busbar remains intact. In addition to the industrial part you can also visit some of the former offices and commercial areas of the factory.
The J. Trepat factory is witness to and protagonist of agricultural mechanization due to the importance it had in the transformation and mechanization of Catalonia and Spain. The emblematic J. Trepat agricultural machines were manufactured and commercialized in this former factory: sifters, mowers, binders and so on. Although thirteen of the current nineteen buildings were built in the 1930s, the company had already been in operation since 1914 in small workshops in the city of Tàrrega.
Josep Trepat machinery was a commercial success and a revolution in the field of agricultural work as these machines adapted to the needs of the agricultural workers, light, easy to handle, and affordable, all of which contributed to their popularity and would eventually transform rural life and work. In 1931 the J. Trepat factory was appointed national manufacturer.